Our Emakina Academy events, targeted to our customer and prospects, are a great success, usually the room is full. So I had that new idea (monthes before Yahoo even think of its Yahoo Hack Day) : an Emakina Hackademy for our passionate staff and this sunday was the first edition…
Seems the first Emakina Hackademy was a complete failure. I should have probably avoided picking the sunday after the Nuit Blanche 2006, which was coincidally the sunday of 0110, free concerts all around belgium… AND the day of the only event of Watermael-Boisfort, a brocante that blocked the whole access to the office.
So I was alone this sunday, but … I had great fun. I have been evaluating those hot web technologies :
- Drupal in VideoCasts
- Django in Screencast
- Plone in Movies
- Rails in ScreenCasts
- TurboGears in Video
- Cake PHP in silent ScreenCasts
- Symphony in two Screencasts
Also interesting stuff I watched this sunday :
- Sean Kelly’ comparison of Web Application Dev Frameworks
- Jason Goldberg’ (CEO of Jobster) talk about the Future of Hiring Technology
- Danah Boyd lesson about Social Network Video
- Dan Gilbert’ about humans inability at predicting what will make us happy
- Seth Godin about Permission Marketing, Ideas as virus, marketing as stories, etc. He also claims that technology without marketing canâ€™t win in the marketplace.